Monday, March 28, 2011

Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Potatoes

I am kicking myself for not grabbing my camera before we sat down for dinner last night.  I think it was all I could do to get the food on the table before everyone was digging in.  That chilly gray day had us all ready for some warm food. 

The other day I picked up a pack of McCormicks Recipe Inspirations.  I'd never tried this before but it was free during my grocery store's Super Double Coupon promotion (Harris Teeter) so I figured it was worth a try.  For those that haven't seen these, it is a little pack of pre-measured spices to make a specific recipe.  The recipe is on the back of the package. 

So last night I made the Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Potatoes.  YUM!!  This was definitely a hit with my family.  I saved the recipe card and will be making this again and again.  All of the ingredients that came in the little packet are things I always have in the pantry and I bet you do too so it'll be easy to make on my own without buying that little pack again (now McCormick is really not happy about that suggestion...oops!).  Since the recipe is printed on the little packet I am posting it here.  The little packet makes it nice and convenient, especially if you don't typically keep these spices on hand.   

So here's the recipe...

Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Potatoes

2 tsp paprika
1-1/2 tsp crushed rosemary leaves
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp course ground black pepper

2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
chicken *I used boneless breasts cut into strips but the packet called for thighs.  Use what you like.
1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes *I just eyeballed how many potatoes I thought would work

Mix oil, all of the spices and salt in a large bowl.  Add the chicken and potaotes, toss to coat well.  Arrange chicken and potatoes in a single layer on foil-lined baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. 

Roast in preheated 425 oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, turning potatoes occassionally. 


Another similar recipe we like is for Rosemary Potatoes.  I've never posted it on this blog but found it on the McCormick site this morning so check it out HERE.



2 comments:

  1. Oh I love when people give me product suggestions or ideas like this. I'm always standing in the store wondering "Should I try it? or What if it tastes bleck and we don't like it?"
    I love chicken and potatoes too. It is so satisfying and I know my whole family will eat it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried a couple of those little spice/recipe card thingies and so far I've loved them all! This one is my fav.
    Blessings,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete