Friday, March 25, 2011

Recipes To Try

View Image   I've been finding all sorts of recipes lately that I want to try.  My criteria for a recipe is that it needs to be fairly quick and easy and cannot have weird ingredients that either a) I've never heard of before and b) is something I have to buy and won't use ever again.  And it needs to be family friendly.  With two children in the family I need dinner to please everyone.  I cook one meal and that's it.  I'm not a short order cook making different things to please everyone.  Who has the time and patience for that?

Anyway, here are a few recipes I found recently that I am anxious to try.  I hope this encourages you to give a new recipe a try as well. 

Spaghetti Braid from Life as a Lofthouse  (love this idea!)
Colorful Cranberry Barbeque Chicken from Singing With Birds
Chicken Divan from Mommy's Kitchen  (made this before but it has been years so this was a great reminder)
Chicken Pasta Salad from  My Blessed Life

And check out these sweet treats...can't wait to try 'em!

Nutella and Macadamia Nut Braided Strudel from Eat at Home
The Best Apple Squares Ever from Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms (my great grandmother made these.  I actually remember eating them as a child.  Not sure if it is the exact same recipe but I am dying to try it and see.)


I'm joining in with my recipe round-up at Friday Favorite Finds at Finding Joy In My Kitchen. 

1 comment:

  1. that BBQ chicken sounds fun; and the apple squares. Thanks for linking up today!!

    ReplyDelete