Friday, October 15, 2010

Candy Corn Spider

I love to decorate for fall but not necessarily Halloween.  I have a few Halloween-specific things around the house but not many.  This one is my favorite! 
Use a large glass container (the one I am using is the Hemingway Hurricane from Willow House).

Fill the container with candy corn. 

As it nears the top of the container, place a glass votive holder in the candy.  Nestle it in the candy corn to stay in place.

Take 10 black licorice pieces to make the spider.  Put them in the votive holder with 4 on each side to make the spider legs.  Use the other 2 to make the body by bending and tucking them into the votive holder. 

Add some more candy corn to hide more of the votive holder.

(as info, I used 2 of the value size bags of Candy Corn from Target)


I've joined in on these linky parties this week Weekend Bloggy Reading with Amanda at Serenity Now and Flaunt It Friday at Chic On A ShowString Budget and I'm Lovin' It at Tidy Mom.  Oh and I just joined in on Making the World Cuter.  Please take a few minutes and visit these...you'll find LOTS of neat things!!

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty adorable!! The cute spider adds a nice spooky touch. :) Maybe it would keep my husband (who hates spiders) out of the candy? ;) Thanks so much for joining my party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a cute and surprising addition to the candy dish-

    ReplyDelete