Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Making Christmas Memories

Making family memories is important to me.  I especially enjoy it at Christmas time, which has always been a favorite for me.  Although big exciting things can make for great memories, I think it tends to be the little things that stick with us. 

My daughter shared something with me the other day that just made me smile.  She said, "Mom, do you know what I really love to do sometimes during Christmas?  I love it when it's dark except for the Christmas tree lights and we snuggle up and watch a Christmas movie together.  I feel all happy and safe." 

See, it's the little things.

Pinned Image
photo credit
So, this season we'll definitely have a few movie nights all snuggled together watching a Christmas classic.  Last year we introduced our kids to A Christmas Story.  That's definitely a classic and favorite in our home.

I'm also looking forward to riding around town looking at all the pretty Christmas lights, reading Christmas stories with the kids and baking cookies. 

What kinds of memory-making activities are you looking forward to?

3 comments:

  1. Everything you just mentioned are my favorite Christmas traditions Especially the snuggling up watching a Christmas movie! We also really love to drive around town looking at the lights too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riding around looking at Christmas lights is my FAVORITE thing to do with my family! It brings so much joy to my heart =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Christmas movies. I love the cheesey ones on TV, Christmas Story, Elf, White Christmas and the list goes on and on. We ALWAYS make Christmas cookies but I hate to admit we never went and looked at lights last year. That's just sad. I better get on that this year.

    ReplyDelete