Monday, November 14, 2011

Southern Christmas Show


"Cakes and cookies, toys and gifts.  Christmas at your fingertips..." 

If you live anywhere in the Charlotte area you are probably quite familiar with that little jingle advertising the Southern Christmas Show.  This is its 44th year.  I grew up going to it and even worked at it with my parents for a few years.  It's a tradition for many in this area and kicks off the holiday season. 

Lauren and I were trying to sneak pictures as we walked along so the photography is not the greatest.  Between the huge crowds and some vendors not allowing pictures, we did the best we could.  Of all we managed to take these turned out the best. 

She loved all of the twinkling lights hanging down. 


Lots of eye candy with room vignettes set up by area designers. 




There are also door displays and Christmas Tree Lane.  Lots of fun stuff to see. 



The Southern Christmas Show runs through Sunday, Novemebr 20th.  Tickets are available at the door and you can also get discounted tickets at all area Harris Teeter stores.  See all of the information you need HERE

Tomorrow I will share a couple of the neat things we bought at the show and share my recipe for Apple Pie Cake.  Hope you'll stop by...


4 comments:

  1. My mom and I are going on Thursday ~ can't wait :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those popcorn buckets and snow cones on that tree? So stinkin' cute! Lots of pretty stuff! Can't wait to hear about what you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to get to go to this show. I know you had so much fun admiring everything. Can't wait to see what you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Wish I could go!

    ReplyDelete