Thursday, September 22, 2011

"Tastes Like Thanksgiving" Casserole

For some reason I've thought about Thanksgiving several times recently.  More specifically, I've thought about the food at Thanksgiving. 


Image Detail
Photo Credit

So when I ran across this recipe I knew I wanted to give it a try.  I can't remember exactly where I found it on a message board so thanks to whoever it was that unknowingly shared this with me :)

It was easy to make and it did remind me of a Thanksgiving dinner, especially when paired with some cranberries and veggies.  I prefer the real thing but this definitely satisfied me until November 24th rolls around. (sorry for the lack of a photo...completely forgot to take one!)

"Tastes Like Thanksgiving" Casserole

3 cups cooked chicken
1 box of stuffing mix
1 can chicken broth
3 Tbs. butter
1 1/3 cups milk
1 can cream of chicken soup

Put the chicken in the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish. 
In a large bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Add the chicken broth and stir in the stuffing mix.
Set aside while you mix the milk and cream soup together in a separate bowl. Pour the milk/soup mixture over the chicken.
Top with the stuffing mix.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment