Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Taco Soup

I've seen quite a few variations of Taco Soup recipes.  This is one I've tried recently.  It is quick and easy...pretty much just dump the stuff in a big pot.  The last time I made this recipe I doubled it and froze several containers to have on hand for quick and easy lunches or dinners. 

Sadly, my picture does not do it justice.  But do you notice that my bowl matches the one in the cookbook?  I love my Gail Pittman polka dot bowls!






















Taco Soup
taken from Southern Living Ultimate Quick & Easy Cookbook

1 pound ground beef
2 cups water
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1 (16-ounce) jar medium picante sauce
1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (11-ounce) can yellow corn with red and green bell peppers, undrained
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained

Cook meat in a Dutch oven (or big pot!), stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.  Return meat to your pot.
Add 2 cups water and next 6 ingredients; bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. 
Serve soup with tortilla chips.
Garnish with some shredded cheddar and sour cream, if desired. 

I am sharing this recipe at...

5 comments:

  1. This looks great! I have never made this, but now I see a new dinner on our horizon. Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower. I love your blog layout and can't wait to get to know you better through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of our favorite meals!!
    Wanted to invite you to share this recipe (and others) and a weekly event I host titled Seasonal Sundays. It dedicated of course to recipes with seasonal ingredients.

    Wonderful Blog! Happy to have found it.
    -Brittany-

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! I'm hosting a link up this week -- It's a Keeper Thursdays! I hope you can come over and link up!

    Thanks!
    It's a Keeper
    http://www.everydaytastes.com/
    http://twitter.com/itsakeeperblog
    http://www.facebook.com/ItsAKeeper

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so right this is a different recipe even than the taco soup recipe that I use on regular basis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taco soup is one of my absolute favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete