Monday, November 8, 2010

Marinated Corn Salad

Yesterday at our church we enjoyed a great potluck lunch.  I brought a marinated corn salad.  It was super easy to make, tastes great and is a great dish for an event like this...it is eye-catching and colorful and there's no need to worry about keeping it warm, etc. 

In my rush to get out the door in the morning I neglected (again!) to take a picture to post with the recipe.  I'll try to remember next time! 

Hope you give this one a try.  Enjoy!

Marinated Corn Salad

2 cans corn (I like to use Green Giant Extra Sweet Niblets)
2 stalks celery, chopped
red pepper chopped (or you can use a 2 ounce jar of pimento)
onion, chopped
green pepper, chopped
**I just eye ball it for the peppers & onion but it is about a 1/2 cup of each**

Combine the above ingredients in a bowl.

Next mix the dressing...

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Pour the dressing over the corn mixture.  Cover and marinate overnight.  The next day drain well. 
Serve chilled.


Joining in the fun at
TastyTuesday200pix Welcome to my new home   Tasty Tuesday
Lovely Yellow Ribbons

No comments:

Post a Comment